Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Vegan Love Song

You are the soymilk in my coffee,
the agave in my tea.
You're as sweet as a bar of chocolate,
as long as it's dairy-free.

You are the lemon juice to my avocado,
keeping me fresh and bright,
You are the synthetic down comforter
that I snuggle with at night.

You're as reliable as my MooShoes boots
that I wear in the rain and snow,
You're better than nutritional yeast,
in case you didn't know.

If you were a kind of soy product,
you'd be my favorite form.
Above all, you're the non-wool sweater
who always keeps me warm.

--Unknown

4 comments:

Wanda said...

Haha! Cool! But, um, you know, it points up some things about being vegan (okay, I'm a vegetarian--I eat cheese): it's more than food. I don't worry about a wool sweater, but I do about leather belts, shoes and fashion accessories. I have a leather jacket that i just adore! But still...I'm wearing the skin of a creature that was put to death so I could wear her skin. And that's just sick.

kristin said...

Wanda, I forgot you were veg. But DUH I should have remembered that since it was one of the many things that makes you so sweet. And yes, wearing another creature just isn't cool. Unfortunately most people don't think about their effects on the lives of animals because they're just that; animals.

Unknown said...

aww, isn't that special?

you finded me!!! hooray!!!!

Wanda said...

Rubia! I just approved your comment to my blog a bit ago and looked through my e-mail accounts and found your letter--duhhh. Wow, lotta news. Will be sending you a backatcha in a bit!
Love your new avatar image by the way! Smokin'!