Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Day of Silence

"The Day of Silence is an annual student-organized day of action to protest the
bullying and harassment of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) students, and their straight allies. Students take a day-long vow of silence to symbolically represent the silencing of LGBT students and their allies.
The national focus of the Day of Silence is specific to ending bullying and harassment of students, particularly physical violence and verbal threats."













What will you do to end the silence?

3 comments:

Alitoh said...

"What will you do to end the silence?"

I'd hit it. =p

Now, really, I think it's great that you have such a way of thinking, even though I don't share your idea of keeping silence I humbly respect anyone who takes a vow in the name of tolerance and respect to the others.

Have a great, quiet day, Kristin! (And while you are at it, why don't you use that silence to study? =p)

Wanda said...

Rubia: UgOgUrL!!

RS said...

Much kudos. I, too, participated in the Day of Silence (first time), didn't get a whole lot of threats or harassing comments, but I did hear some pretty bad stuff.